<$BlogRSDURL$>
Attila the Pun
Thursday, February 24, 2005
 
Whodunnit?

It is quite the mystery over at Blair's place. One of the howler monkeys at Webdiary wrote this:

This all adds up to lunacy. I'm appalled that Howard thinks he can get away with this. My father fought to keep Australia democratic and this is how we've ended up.

By allowing this to happen we are all shamed. Little by little we see our freedoms eroded. And where will it end? It will end with jack boots and brown shirts. Right here in our living rooms. That and Howard taking complete control of every arm of the government. Herr Howard the Hater.

Is this what we want? Not me! Killing democracy to make one man more powerful than all of us put together so one man can rule Australia like Sukarno ran Malaysia. You'd have to be crazy if you think I'm going to knuckle under jack boots and fascists. Over my dead body.
Everyone said he'd do this. My father - God rest his soul - knew it would happen. And it has. Down with Herr Howard!


All standard stuff really. But as the sharp eyed reader Hanyu points out, if you set it out differently, things change:

This all adds up to lunacy.
I'm appalled that Howard thinks he can get away with this.
My father fought to keep Australia democratic and this is how we've ended up.
By allowing this to happen we are all shamed.
Little by little we see our freedoms eroded.
A nd where will it end?
I t will end with jack boots and brown shirts.
R ight here in our living rooms.
T hat and Howard taking complete control of every arm of the government.
H err Howard the H ater.
I s this what we want?
N ot me!
K illing democracy to make one man more powerful than all of us put together so one man can rule Australia like Sukarno ran Malaysia.
Y ou'd have to be crazy if you think I'm going to knuckle under jack boots and fascists.
O ver my dead body.
E veryone said he'd do this.
M y father - God rest his soul - knew it would happen.
A nd it has.
D own with Herr Howard!

Hanyu guessed the Bunyip or EvilPundit. Both have denied it. Blair himself hasn't spoken on it. Well done to whoever it was.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger