<$BlogRSDURL$>
Attila the Pun
Monday, November 08, 2004
 
You wouldn't like him when he's angry..

Leo Sayer is threatening to move to Australia, in protest at the state of the music industry. Why Australia?

"In the `70s, Leo-mania was the equivalent of Beatle-mania down there and they still love me.

"In Australia they still want heroes. They are looking to me to teach their kids knowledge and wisdom. They view me as an honorary Australian."

I would love to see some evidence to back that up. Meanwhile, Leo is all about Leo:

"I'm not uncool - I went to a boxing match the other day and the crowd were chanting my name so I know they like me."

They were probably hoping he would jump in the ring and get pummelled, as punishment for "When I need you"

"It's a shame because people would love to hear something new from Leo Sayer," he said.

Attila really hates people that talk about themselves in the third person.

"I would love the record industry to be more receptive to my music but all they are interested in is style over content," he said.

Content? From "You make me feel like dancing":

You’ve got a cute way of talking
You got the better of me
Just snap your fingers and I’m walking
Like a dog hanging on your lead
I’m in a spin you know
Shaking on a string you know

Deep man.

Looking at the photo, I think Leo is just hoping that a few Australians will confuse him with Guy Sebastian and buy a record or two. Or just buy him lunch, or a bus fare...

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger